Over the next few months we will be publishing several of these toolkits for various Internet professional specialties. This week we are covering Keyword Suggestion Tools. Our goal is to provide our clients, fans, and other Internet professionals with information on helpful tools they can use to become better at designing & marketing online.
Keyword Suggest Tools:
- Google Adwords Keyword Suggestion Tool – One of the most often used and well known keyword tools. It is referenced in the SEOmoz Keyword Research Guide listed below.
- Moz Keyword Research Guide – Part of a larger beginners guide to SEO in general terms. A very thorough guide to doing keyword research with many tools and suggestions for doing it correctly.
- Google Trends – Track and compare search trends for use when developing keywords for an SEO or Placement campaign. Graphs and charts display information for regional interest, related search terms and interest over time. Add multiple phrases to compare interest of different markets, services and products. For instance take a look at this comparison of Android Apps to iPhone Apps.
- HitTail – This product has a great keyword suggest tool that focuses on longtail keywords and tracks traffic to your website. It also sends you email alerts with keyword suggestions based on your websites traffic.
- Bing Ads Intelligence – A powerful keyword research tool that allows you to build and expand on your keyword list. Track performance on Yahoo/Bing ads and translate them into new potential keywords for placement and optimization.
- Uber Suggest – A wonderful free tool that suggests longtail keywords. Choose from multiple languages and formats such as web search, image search, shopping and more.
- Wordtracker – Another free tool that suggests new keywords. They offer a paid product which unlocks more functionality but as a keyword suggestion tool the free browser based application is adequate.
Making sure that you are fully utilizing all of the tools available to you is important. With so much competition online, it is vital to capitalize on niches wherever they may appear. Finding alternative keywords for SEO, Placement and even targeting for other forms of marketing, such as Facebook advertising, can be very important. Whether you are representing a large company or a small business discovering new keywords to focus on is an important step in the process.
We hope you found this post to be informative and helpful. We will be publishing a new post like this every week for many months to come. Next week we will cover SEO Tools.