Social Bookmarking Websites are an extremely important resource for boosting traffic to your website and building your business. As a Portland SEO Agency, we use a variety of sites for linking directly to your website. These sites allow for posts and links to your site to be seen by a large number of people on a daily basis. The also make it easy for visitors to share your link and information about your site for others to see. Here’s a breakdown of some of the most popular social bookmarking websites.
- Twitter – An online social networking service which allows users to send “Tweets” of up to 140 characters. Handles over 1.6 Billion searches per day.
- Pinterest – A pinboard-style sharing website that allows users to “pin” photos and links they find useful and interesting. Reaches 85.5 Million unique visits per month.
- StumbleUpon – A discovery engine that recommends content to its users. It allows users to rate web pages and photos that are personalized to their intersts. Reaches over 15 Million new visitors per month.
- Reddit – A social entertainment website which allows users to submit content in the form of a link post. Users then vote on the content so that it may be ranked. Reaches over 16 Million per month.
- Buzzfeed – Features social content provided by users and is a platform with which users can share the content with friends. Receives around 14.5 Million unique visits per month.
- Delicious – A social bookmarking site for storing, sharing and discovering web-bookmarks. Has over 500 Million bookmarked URLs. Users can tag bookmarks to share with others.
- Digg – A social news website which allows people to vote content up or down. Receives an estimated 3.08 millions unique visits per month.
- Google+ – A social networking and identity service which allows users to share links, photos, and likes with other users. Many websites now have a Google+ “like” button so featured content can be added easily. Has over 235 million active users per month.
- Diigo – A social bookmarking website which allows users to bookmark and tag web-pages. Allows users to highlight any part of a webpage and attach sticky notes which can be shared with a group or linked elsewhere. Receives over 1.2 million unique visits per month.
- Blogger – A blog publishing service that allows private or multi-user blogs. Users can then share and comments on the blog posts. Reaches over 1.7 million users per month.
There are many resources for social bookmarking. Each of which has it’s own unique user experience and can be utilized by your business to expand and reach more people than ever! Social Bookmarking Websites can be great for SEO, social media marketing, and building your online presence and reputation. We recommend that you participate on a chosen few networks that suite your business best. It can be very time consuming to post on multiple networks every day or every week. We recommend trying to use a tool like Hootsuite or hire a social media marketing company to take care of your social profiles. Yes, you guessed it, we are a social media marketing company. Give us a call to learn more 1-877-340-6319.